Wednesday, June 3, 2020

INTERVIEW WITH JESSICA G. RABBIT

Natasha: Hi Jessica! Thank you for the interview. Can you tell our readers about yourself and how you got started as a writer?

Jessica: I am Jessica G. Rabbit. I am an adult Film actress, Erotica writer, Podcaster, and an advocate for US Sex Workers.

I have been writing since the age of 11. Writing was a creative outlet I used as well as an escape from the grief in my life. At that time I was struggling with the loss of a sibling, and had been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. Music, movies and creative writing essentially saved my life. At The age of 14, I was inspired by the 1995 movie Basketball diaries to write poetry. Who can resist a young Leo pouring out his feelings? Not me. Because of that I had my first published work.

Natasha: How would you describe your style of writing?

Jessica: I describe my writing style as explicit and delicious. Great dialogue and steamy sex scenes.

Natasha: When it comes to writing, do you have a certain routine or writing process that allows the ideas to flow better?

Jessica: I always write in a stylish journal first my first twenty chapters. I enjoy writing at night. For me my life slows down and I can really write with no interruption and focus my time and attention on the flow of the story and fresh from my mind onto paper. I usually wait a few days before chapter proofing. That helps me correct any dialogue or spelling.

Natasha: Let’s talk about your latest book. Can you talk about how you came up with the title and a little about the story?

Jessica: This story is the sequel to a book I have previously written and published in 2018 called; The Return of Maleficent.

In that story, Sleeping Beauty's nemesis, Maleficent is resurrected by the three 'Good Fairies' to end the sleeping curse that is once more on the loose. Their combined magic proved to be too strong and ended up turning Maleficent from the dark Queen of Magic into the beautiful young woman she once was before she cursed the world and swore her revenge upon it.

I hoped by writing Medusa: The Awakening, it also makes you ponder about the strong influence the #metoo movement would have had on these women and other women's lives. When Medusa had been violated would she have had to suffer so cruelly at the hands of the gods? What if Maleficent hadn't had to turn evil and instead, was just a normal girl, living a quiet, peaceful life?

I hope through these books I can at least try to give them a different narrative. I hope we all can see that if these 'villains' can have happy endings then we, as every day people should at least try and do the same.

Natasha: Are you like any of the characters that you write about? And why?

Jessica: Yes. I think all my characters have a central theme, being self-love and following their hearts. I am definitely like them in that sense. I follow my gut and my heart and it has always led me to love.

Natasha: What do you like about writing erotic stories?

Jessica: I enjoy the Freedom it gives. The dialogue. The characters. The sets. All of it can be whatever you want.

Natasha: Could you see any of your books turned into a film? Which one(s) and why?

Jessica: Yes. The Bet-Everyone loves a steamy look into the sex life of a beautiful adult film star. Closing Costs-Everyone loves a steamy Love Triangle with a dramatic twist. Jewel of Humanity- Everyone loves to be swept away in an otherworldly action -packed love story. Medusa: The Awakening- It’s never been done and the story illuminates the shrouded truth of it. Ugly Duckling- Everyone loves a homely girl turned beautiful love story.

Natasha: Besides writing, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time to relax?

Jessica: In my spare time, besides writing, I enjoy going to museums. When I can’t do that. I enjoy cooking for my family.

Natasha: Can you share with our readers any future projects that you are working on?

Jessica: I am currently working on three books. I know! I am also working with Amazon to get my books on Amazon Audible.

Natasha: How can our readers learn more about you and your books?

Jessica: You can follow me on Twitter: @myownlilcorner.

My Author’s website @ JessicaGrabbitb.wixsite.Com/Authorpage

No comments:

Post a Comment

`*•.¸(`*•.¸(`*•.¸★πŸ‘ CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR INTERVIEW WITH: Laura N. Andrews¨*🌹´πŸ’€ •πŸŒΉ*¨πŸ‘  ★¸.•*´)¸.•*´)¸.•*

#OnTour with @SilverDaggerBookTours | #SilverDaggerBookTours ~~~~ #BookTour & #Giveaway ~~~~ `*•.¸(`*•.¸(`*•.¸★πŸ‘ ¨*🌹´πŸ’€ •πŸŒΉ*¨πŸ‘  ★...